Which One Is The Best?

By L.A. Remenicky

Source: www.dreamstime.com

This time of year there are a plethora of blog posts about the best books of the year. Personally, I don’t know how someone can pick a “best book”.

Favorites, yes, but best? How do you judge a book to be the best? Sales numbers, critical acclaim, number of five-star reviews? With so many criteria to choose from it is a truly daunting task.

I could be bitter and cry about not getting on a “best of” list but what’s the point? As long as readers enjoy my books I’m happy. Do I hope to someday be on a list? Of course I do, who wouldn’t want that validation?

Don’t get me wrong, I have favorite books just like I have favorite authors. I don’t even think there are bad books – just differing opinions. Look at the 50 Shades books for example – a lot of readers think they are great while others think they’re bad. I couldn’t read them, I tried but the characters did not catch my interest at all. No matter how you feel about the books (and the resulting movie) they did do one thing – all the hoopla had people reading who hadn’t picked up a book in years. To an author that is the point: to get people reading books. It’s that simple. Yes, we hope they read our books and if they’re reading there’s always a chance.

So, I will continue to write out the stories in my head in hopes the right someone will read them and tell all their friends and sales will be off the charts. Well, an author can dream so why not dream big?

Keep reading and we’ll keep writing!

Read more about Lori here.

Write a comment

Comments: 6
  • #1

Trisha Leigh PA (Wednesday, 03 February 2016 17:01)

Love the new website!

• #2

samantha jacobey (Friday, 18 March 2016 08:17)

thank you, Trisha! I just found this when I was poking around... glad to have you in for a visit =)

• #3

Do My Homework For Money (Friday, 23 June 2017 00:25)

I couldn't understand them, I attempted yet the typescript does not get a hold my enthusiasm by any means. Of course, we trust they convert our paperback and in the event that they're perusing there's dependably a shot.

• #4

Help with Essay (Saturday, 01 July 2017 07:05)

I need to state the whole Sword of Truth arrangement by Terry Goodkind. It's dream, and about a wizard, however it is sooo NOT Harry Potter. I love these books and re-read them always.

• #5

buy assignment | AssignmentEmpire (Wednesday, 09 August 2017 06:53)

Have you at any point considered distributing a digital book or visitor writing! I have a blog in view of on a similar data you talk about and might truly want to have you share a few stories/data. I know my perusers would esteem your work.

• #6

assignment help online (Thursday, 17 August 2017 01:34)

Students could often find it tough to write their academic tasks. It could lead to they not getting desired grades in the academics. Opting for our assignment help online could be ideal for such students and they can get a complete assignment solution from us.