Which One Is The Best?

By L.A. Remenicky

Source: www.dreamstime.com

This time of year there are a plethora of blog posts about the best books of the year. Personally, I don’t know how someone can pick a “best book”.

Favorites, yes, but best? How do you judge a book to be the best? Sales numbers, critical acclaim, number of five-star reviews? With so many criteria to choose from it is a truly daunting task.

I could be bitter and cry about not getting on a “best of” list but what’s the point? As long as readers enjoy my books I’m happy. Do I hope to someday be on a list? Of course I do, who wouldn’t want that validation?

Don’t get me wrong, I have favorite books just like I have favorite authors. I don’t even think there are bad books – just differing opinions. Look at the 50 Shades books for example – a lot of readers think they are great while others think they’re bad. I couldn’t read them, I tried but the characters did not catch my interest at all. No matter how you feel about the books (and the resulting movie) they did do one thing – all the hoopla had people reading who hadn’t picked up a book in years. To an author that is the point: to get people reading books. It’s that simple. Yes, we hope they read our books and if they’re reading there’s always a chance.

So, I will continue to write out the stories in my head in hopes the right someone will read them and tell all their friends and sales will be off the charts. Well, an author can dream so why not dream big?

Keep reading and we’ll keep writing!

Read more about Lori here.

Write a comment

Comments: 13
  • #1

Trisha Leigh PA (Wednesday, 03 February 2016 17:01)

Love the new website!

• #2

samantha jacobey (Friday, 18 March 2016 08:17)

thank you, Trisha! I just found this when I was poking around... glad to have you in for a visit =)

• #3

Do My Homework For Money (Friday, 23 June 2017 00:25)

I couldn't understand them, I attempted yet the typescript does not get a hold my enthusiasm by any means. Of course, we trust they convert our paperback and in the event that they're perusing there's dependably a shot.

• #4

Help with Essay (Saturday, 01 July 2017 07:05)

I need to state the whole Sword of Truth arrangement by Terry Goodkind. It's dream, and about a wizard, however it is sooo NOT Harry Potter. I love these books and re-read them always.

• #5

buy assignment | AssignmentEmpire (Wednesday, 09 August 2017 06:53)

Have you at any point considered distributing a digital book or visitor writing! I have a blog in view of on a similar data you talk about and might truly want to have you share a few stories/data. I know my perusers would esteem your work.

• #6

assignment help online (Thursday, 17 August 2017 01:34)

Students could often find it tough to write their academic tasks. It could lead to they not getting desired grades in the academics. Opting for our assignment help online could be ideal for such students and they can get a complete assignment solution from us.

• #7

Homework Writing Help Service (Friday, 25 August 2017 08:25)

Take a gander at the 50 Shades books for instance – a considerable measure of perusers think they are awesome while others believe they're awful. I couldn't read them, I attempted yet the characters did not get my enthusiasm by any stretch of the imagination.

• #8

custom psychology writing company (Saturday, 26 August 2017 01:49)

To a writer that is the point: to get individuals perusing books. It's that straightforward. Indeed, we trust they read our books and in the event that they're perusing there's dependably a possibility.

• #9

research proposal helper (Thursday, 21 September 2017 07:45)

I love books, books are roadmap to find your destiny, they will help you to improve your life and business, I recommend everyone to read self-help books, my best books are think and grow rich by Napolean Hill, second Law of Success by Napolean Hill, 7 habits of highly effective people, secret, abundance, four-hour work week, tipping point, how to wind friend and influence people. and much more

• #10

Editingarsenal (Wednesday, 27 September 2017 08:10)

There have been lots of things that matter and we should only focus on them

• #11

best essay writer (Wednesday, 27 September 2017 08:11)

Things have been fresh and they have been great and it all takes some time for that matter.

• #12

cheap assignment (Monday, 30 October 2017 06:58)

My own particular assessment, is that the solitary is effectively comprehended as appending to the thing that depicts the gathering, similarly as the plural is effortlessly comprehended as joining to the individual individuals from the gathering.

• #13

hair extensions (Saturday, 04 November 2017 00:37)

and the color is very clip in hair extensionsbold, looks not only shiny, but also a strong vitality, for hair extensions online the dynamic girl is concerned, this hair is good.